Full-Time Video Editor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About House of God:
House of God app is the biggest library of religious content with more than 30,000 hours of content on the platform. We have content for Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, and Sikhism covering topics like philosophy, faith and spirituality. We do live streaming of 15 temples. From musical devotional videos to discourses of the popular preachers, we have covered everything. In nutshell, it is an app similar to Eros Now application, but for devotional and spiritual content.
Team: Our team comprises from the top notch schools like IIT, IIM & Stanford. People are at the forefront of every revolution. Growth: India’s biggest spiritual application
Position: Video Editor Location: New Delhi
Who could you be? (Experience and Background)
We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
What you will be doing here:
1. Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
2. Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications.
3. Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
4. Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
5. Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
6. Create rough and final cuts.
7. Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
8. Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
9. Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
Competencies required for this role:
10. Proven work experience as a video editor
11. Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media composer, Light works, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
12. Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
13. Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
14. Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
15. Creative mind and storytelling skills
16. BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field
Our compensation matches the market rate for the right candidates;
At House of God, we’re looking for people who cannot be defined by just a resume or an academic certificate. We’re looking for self-driven, high-performers who seize every opportunity.
Best of Luck!
Send us your thoughts with your introduction and expectations to: email@example.com